Friday, April 15, 2011

Untitled

The urge to express whats in my heart ...

Close your eyes for a moment. Come on, I’ve never made you do anything that you’ve regretted later, have I? Just close your eyes for a second and think of the people that you love. Think of all the people in your life that you genuinely love, and care about deeply.

Now think of the last time you told them that you loved them. Think of the last time that you looked them in the eye and told them how you felt about them.

Shocking, isn’t it?

Now, it’s not difficult to figure out why I’m writing this. I’ve lost far too many people in the last few months. More people than anyone should lose in a lifetime. Let me get one thing straight though-I’m not saying this for anyone’s sympathy. The ones who already know are the ones who are helping me through this. So if you’re thinking of walking up to me and going, “I get what you’re going through” or something similar, please don’t. I understand your sentiments and I’m grateful for them, but they’re something I just don’t need right now.

The point of this post is something else altogether. Too many people in my life have left without knowing how much I loved them. Too many people who were incredibly close to me have breathed their last without the knowledge that I cared for them more than I could put into words. I thought I expressed myself adequately, but apparently that’s just not true.

So I’m telling you now-go and find everyone you really, really care about and tell them so. Go do it right now. Otherwise you might end up like me, venting your feelings through a medium which can’t even reach out to those it’s meant for.

So take my advice, and go hug the world.

Oh, and to those who’ve gone on…

I love you.

No comments: